Driving under Fog
Statistics of Road accidents have shown that driving in heavy fog is most dangerous driving situation. It is like driving with a blindfold on. While driving in fog, reduce speed and turn headlights on. Always keep headlight on low beam mode, so that you can see road properly. The high beam does not help in fog as one cannot see through fog. If your vehicle has fog lamps turn them on. While in fog, not only seeing is important, be seen is also an important aspect. Always be attentive and take some cautions as shown below:
- Always drive slow in fog.
- Turn on your headlights and keep them in low beam mode.
- Make sure that you are seen. Turn on your fog lamps and parking lights.
- Use defroster and windscreen wipers.
- Always keep safe distance between vehicles.
- If it is really impossible to drive pull off completely and keep your blinkers on.